bien que mon amour est fou, ma raison calm la doleur dans mon coeur.
il ma dit, d'etre patient et garder l'espoir.

Monday 28 June 2010

When The Wind Begins To Sing

O, the snows they melt the soonest
when the wind begins to sing
And the corn it ripens fastest
when the frosts are setting in
And when a woman tells me
that my face she'll soon forget
Before we part I'll wage a crown
she's fain to follow yet

The snows they melt the soonest
when the wind begins to sing
And the swallow flies without a thought
as long as it is spring
But when spring goes and winter blows,
my love, then you'll be fain
For all your pride to follow me
across the stormy main

O, the snows they melt the soonest
when the wind begins to sing
And the bee that flew when summer shone
in winter cannot sting
And I've seen a woman's anger
melt between the night and morn
So it's surely not a harder thing
to tame a woman's scorn

O, never say me farewell here
-no farewell I'll receive,
For you shall set me to the stile,
and kiss and take your leave
But I'll stay here til the woodcock comes
and the martlet takes his wing
For the snows they melt the soonest
when the wind begins to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment